Saturday, June 28, 2008

So it took me awhile. . .

We have been officially back for about five days now and I have started 'blogging' probably five or six times but I get a sentence in and duty calls . . . or screams however you want to picture my kids getting my attention.
The trip was great. Driving actually wasn't that bad. We actually met the United States nicest truck driver. We should have called in on that number on the back of his truck to tell him how wonderful he was. We were on a 2 lane strip of nothingness in Nevada where not only is it only two lanes but its also rolling hills, when we get to this line up behind a truck. Thinking oh no were going to be here forever we settle in. We soon notice that every chance a car has to pass they actually do. Wondering how this is coming to pass we start paying attention. The trucker is actually signaling to the car behind it every time its clear. We were only behind him for a couple of minutes. Truckers if you ever read this follow his example!!!
We spent some quality time at the beach freezing our little bottoms off. Lily got to view Pismo through a car window since we drove onto the beach it was very convenient. Owen didn't even care how cold it was all he cared about was that we were playing in the biggest sand box he had ever seen. He didn't care for the water at all, if we took him towards it he promptly ran away. Of course he did eat a lot of sand under the 'supervision' of his father, I was off shopping for sweatshirts for the adults because we were so worried about the kids that we forgot our own. Back to the sand. . . don't worry he threw it all up.
Chet went 'man camping' with my brother in laws. He made it back safe and sound which is great. I have to applaud him since the guys thought it was weird that he wasn't burping and farting like they were. He picked up a new hobby though he wants to start hiking more. I think he just wants to find something 'outdoorsy' that I enjoy so he'll try anything. I'm just glad with so many little ones I get to ease into anything. :)
Our last big hurrah in Cali was San Francisco. My favorite Chet quote was 'I have never smelled anywhere this good before." This was as we were passing doughnut, ice cream and chocolate shops. We ate at Bubba Gump Shrimp and it was delicious!!! We were there with my ole' Provo buddy Lauren and her son Gavin. She recommended the Aquarium under the Bay which was great. Chet, Gavin and Owen were very impressed. The best quote from the aquarium was when a school of sardines swam over head and Gavin yelled 'Watch out guys, BIG fish!' This also came from the kid who says, 'that's big, dos big.' Thank you Dora for confusing the younger generation its not to big its dos big.

Bec

No comments: