Friday, January 2, 2009

Happy 2009!!!

I can't believe it's 2009. Chet and I were registering a game online and we had to scroll down to 1982 for Chet's birthday and we felt so old. Then we laughed and imagined how our kids are going to act when they realize mom and dad were born in the 80's. Oh goodness.

To our surprised and that of many other who know us we stayed up until midnight to ring in the New Year. We decided to get Guitar Hero World Tour for Chet's Playstation and I think it has already paid for itself in hours of entertainment. The game comes with a guitar (obviously), but it also includes a drum set and microphone. So who knew we bought a karaoke machine for Christmas :). At first no one wanted to use the microphone but as it got later we started jamming! With 4 kids it was interesting although Lily was an angel and went to bed at 8 like normal. What a blessing. The only reason we knew it was midnight was because someone down the street lit fireworks. So we paused for a moment kissed our respective spouses and started jamming again.

The countdown also begins for Chet's LASIK surgery. The place where we want to get its done took a 2 week holiday break so I have to wait until Monday to try to get everything scheduled. Which if you know me is just killing me because I want to have everything planned way in advance. Were trying to get it so that Chet's parents can come up and play with the kids while I take him in. We'll see how that goes.

And who can believe it Tiger Lily is 11 months old! I can't. I still want her to be my little baby that wants to snuggle. But she doesn't like to snuggle anymore. She can now pull herself up to standing with just about anything. I was standing in the kitchen and much to my surprise I had felt her pulling on my leg I didn't realize she had gotten up that way. She is still a little bit off from walking but she's cruising and she finally crawls on all fours instead of dragging her body behind her. She's so big.

Owen is still getting into everything humanly possible. Chet got me an indoor exercise trampoline for Christmas and I think Owen has used it much more then me Christmas day he was drenched in sweat because he just couldn't pull himself away. Oh and when we play guitar hero he takes the microphone and sings Twinkle Twinkle with all his little heart. It's adorable.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

You guys are still young....Imagine what my kids are going to think when they realize we were born in the early 70's...yeah, we're that old...Pushing 40!!!
Ammy