Monday, March 8, 2010

Cali!!!

We made it! Thank goodness we made it.  When we planned this trip we knew that the drive could be the worst part but we were very wrong.  Here's a little update on our weekend. . .

Saturday I got to attend my friend Karly's wedding while Chet and the kids played with Lauren and Jon's kids.  They had so much fun that while separated getting to the redeption Owen kept asking were Kevin and Mark were.  This statement is hilarious because their names are Gavin (close yes) and Miles (no tomato).  At the reception my poor kids lost it.  When I say lost it, this was their best/worst ever.  When your kids are screaming "I wanna go to bed!!!" "I wanna get spanked in the van!!!"  You know it is time to leave but I wanted to get a picture with my friends before we did.  And sadly the photo we got was very very bad and zoomed in oddly on only 3 people.  I hope the other picture we get later is better. 

When we finally got into the van we plugged my parents address into the GPS and it sad the arrival time was going to be 6:45 am.  I called my mom and told her this was the ABSOLUTE earliest we would arrive since of course with potty breaks and gas stops I was adding at least another hour onto the trip.  I drove the first part until I got tired and since with Chets schedule he is used to being up all night he took the last half of the trip.  We arrived at my parents house at 6:45 exactly.  Amazing! Our kids slept until 5:30 and the only bathroom breaks we had were at gas stops.  I hope and pray that the return goes as smoothly.

When we told the kids we were going to Grandma and Grandpas house we were concerned that they were going to be upset because they are used to Grandma and Grandpa Porter since they have only been to California once before.  They walked in were only confused for a moment and they understood.  Thank GOODNESS!!! Grandma is Lily's new best friend.  She likes to sit on Grandma's lap and Mom can't help her with anything she says NO I DO IT!!! and then goes to Grandma to get help.  The funniest meeting of all was when 10 month old Katelynn stood next to 2 year old Lily and Katelynn is up past her chin. Katelynn is going to be one TALL girl.

Lily does now have a fat lip for family pictures.  She was sitting on the bench swing and her cousin Max was standing behind it as it swong and the jolt of him standing there when it swung back bumped lily off the swing and she bit her lip.  It was so sad Max was so excited to see his cousins and within the first few minutes he 'hurt' (it was an accident) one of them. He was soooo sad.  If only she were a clean eater we wouldn't have any problems with it but daddy keeps wiping her face and getting the lip.

I will post later and get some pictures up!

1 comment:

Kristy Skoy said...

I am so glad to hear you made it there! And didnt leave a kid on the side of the road! lol! Enjoy your awesome vacation!