Wednesday, November 3, 2010

Thanks!

I am thankful for croup!  I know that may sound a little funny but last night Taylor was cranky sounded nasty couldn't breathe right so I took her to the doctor today.  His response was well it either croup or she has something stuck in her throat I would like to get an x-ray just to be sure.  My first thought was an x-ray wont be that bad but I forgot the putting her on a table hoping she help still part.  Well, she was mad just to be there so I put on a super fashionable lead apron held Taylor and in between us they put the x-ray board.  This made her even more mad because she couldn't put her arms around me so when that didn't work they brought in this guy who went behind me wrapped his arms around both of us and held her head in place. I'm shocked and amazed we only had to do one.  But the first on turned out and we got to go home.   Little did I know the doctor had a no news is good new policy (not our regular pediatrician).  Finally after 6 hours of waiting they finally called and said everything was clear! Thank goodness it was 'only' croup.

2 comments:

Sarah Mejias said...

Wow! Jesse had croup a couple of weeks ago. Guess cause she's so young the doc did an xray. Jesse didn't get one. Just did a breathing treatment, and we were told to use a humidifier at night. Not much we could do for croup. Lasted maybe a week before he was totally better.

Kristy Skoy said...

Only Croup! That is so much worse than something stuck in the throat! I hope you get some sleep. Did you get some good meds?