Sunday, October 2, 2011

I belong to The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints

This was the talk that stood out to me between the screaming and joys of being a mother with a husband working this Sabbath day.  While listening to this talk we sang the song 

I belong to The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints 

I belong to The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints.
I know who I am.
I know God’s plan.
I’ll follow him in faith.
I believe in the Savior, Jesus Christ.
I’ll honor his name.
I’ll do what is right;
I’ll follow his light.
His truth I will proclaim.

The reason why this one stuck with me is because it is one of my favorite primary songs.  I know it's a bit cheesy but it's an excellent testimony to teach your children through music.  

I have belonged to The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints since I was born.  I was baptized September 5, 1992.  That day I was so nervous and the Bishop told me that they wanted me to wait on the steps for my dad to come get me.  I was the only one to get this message because everyone else thought that I didn't want to go through with it.  

The year I learned this song in Primary we also learned the song Genealogy I am Doing it! I loved this song too.  Why? Because of my mother. My mother has taught me and my sisters the importance of Genealogy since we were little.  I remember the fun we had in the Genealogy library one night when my mom was teaching me about my ancestors and she just had me chick on any name I wanted to until we got stuck the first time we probably made it 5 names and couldn't get anywhere because the work wasn't done yet so I started over and to our surprise we went all the way back to the King of England.  When we learned the song they picked a different one to sing for Mothers Day and I was so sad because I knew my mom would like this one much better. But then it was part of the Primary Program that year and when I sang that song I was so proud to sing it for my mom! 

No comments: